Monday, January 08, 2007

A wee bit of the ultraviolence...

I suppose I shouldn't have insulted whatever balance of karma resides in the universe on Saturday with my last blog post before going to the Seattle Seahawks/Dallas Cowboys Wildcard playoff game. Jokingly, I mentioned the horridly escalating drunken swagger of the Seahawks' fans as I'd seen it at the Packers/Seahags Monday Night game at the end of November. But for this game I was lucky enough to have a Suite seat, thanks to the generosity of a friend (Russ, you da man). After a crazy, flipfloppin' game throughout, the Hags backed into a victory. I left the stadium and headed toward my bus. Then I got jumped. The details aren't important because nothing was broken or stolen or will even leave a long-lingering mark. Bummer, nonetheless. But when life gives you a bump on the head, I've always said make lemonade. So I've used this opportunity to explain boo-boos and owees to Maya. She seems unfazed and rather entertained.

But with that said, I want to assure everyone that my senses of humor and duty to inform remain fully intact. Hope your own wounds are healed by minimal therapy today. Rock on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap Eric! Hope you're feeling better, and of course that the other guy's the worse for it!

-John