Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"Firestono!"

With the World in such a freefall spin, one thing I hope we all can agree on is that car repair is utter crap. We can get second opinions on anything that will cost us more than 50 bucks. But call bullshite on a mechanic and you're a communist. Essentially. This "can't we all get along" rant comes from the point of view of someone waiting all morning on a basic brake job. Advertised by Firestone as $190. Surreptiously upgraded to $303 with an extra year's warranty. On a brake job. Oh, and they thought that since my brake fluid was "contaminated" that I should spend another $85. Ahem. I'll pay $190, thank you very much. And I'll be sure to let y'all know hereafter what Firestone has to say about my communism.

Just so everyone ignores the impression that I'm alone in jousting with corporate windmills, you owe it to yourself to watch Michael Moore eviscerate Wolf Blitzer yesterday. We've not yet seen "Sicko" and I'm sorry about that fact given my willingness to promote the film. Yet Mr. Moore appears to be the only man in America currently able to secure "LIVE!" airtime to question the ridiculous charges leveled at him. It's a long clip, but entirely worth it. Please watch.



Hope you all find a pleasant moment to be outraged today. Rock on.

No comments: