Wednesday, September 16, 2009

In the REAL future, everyone will think they're famous for 15 minutes. Even though they're not.

Is blogging dead? Nah. Dumb question, really. But this form of shorthand self-published blather is certainly being usurped by the applications preferred at the moment. Such as Facebook, Twitter and other micro-blogging sites that encourage writers to become even more lame and shortened in their observations. I'll admit that I'm also less interested in the longer form blogging that I've typically done over the last 4 and a half years. So as I'm working away on a much longer form project that I do not intend to self-publish, I'm going to do this differently for a while as I prepare to entirely change what I publish here. Confused? Don't be. I'll still throw up pics and reviews from time to time. More often than in the last number of months, actually. But along with that will come indications of what's the next what for me and what I do here. Thanks for reading. Check back. Take the cannoli. You know the drill.

Just to be fair, a few quick reviews follow. We recently saw "Julie and Julia" and thoroughly enjoyed it. A very slight movie with a stunning performance by Meryl Streep as Julia Child. Plus I love love love Stanley Tucci in anything, including this. My rating - a solid B.

Also, I just finished "This Is Where I Leave You" by Jonathan Tropper. Hilarious, delightful family dysfunction written with a spare, perfectly-timed wit. A highly recommended book, even though I limped through it for weeks just before falling asleep at bedtime. Big payoff. My rating - an A-minus. Sure to be a star-studded Hollywood yukfest in the nearish future. Beat the rush and read it now.

No comments: