Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Five Months Flew By Fabulously (and Fast)

Maya turns 5-months old today. Let's assess where she's at, since I've not updated some of her most avid fans as of late. She's eating her first solid food as of this week - rice cereal, which is the soupiest "solid" imaginable, but she seems to like it. Her sleeping is exceptional, but our pediatrician advised that we not mention how comfortably she's sleeping through the night or going down without complaint for naps to other parents that may be more frustrated by their own child's sleep habits. So I won't mention it. She's able to get both feet in her mouth, sometimes simultaneously. She still seems entirely happy riding her BOB stroller through the Park, probably due to the fact that San Francisco's still foggy and cool while the rest of the country sounds as though they're about ready to burst into flames. And her Mommy and Daddy are entirely satisfied with the experience of parenthood thus far. The warranty's up, so I guess were all stuck with each other. Which is a very good thing.

We got our camera back from Sony, still broken and slated for retirement 'cause the warranty doesn't cover the repairs needed and the cost of doing so through the manufacturer would be more than what a newer, fancier camera will cost. Lamer than lame. We're still using Nanna and Poppy's, but I'm less always-at-the-ready with that one. So I'm pricing new cameras and should have something new within the week, after which time the number of image postings should increase once again.

Tomorrow's my last day guest hosting the blog Whatever while it's owner preps for the release of his new sci-fi book. The audience there hasn't exactly wet themselves with gleeful appreciation of my musings nor have I taken to that pond of discussion like a friendly duck. My posting from last week focused on a moment in the life of James Doohan (Scotty from "Star Trek") on the day after his death. I may try to go out with a sub-referential bang tomorrow, so please check it out. Regardless, my primary attention to and the Family Buick will return in earnest thereafter.

I've running the SF half-marathon on Sunday. I'd meant to be much more enthusiastic about both my training and my desire to raise money for 826 Valencia in the course of doing so. But I plan to enjoy the run and promote my support and admiration for what goes on with the expanding universe of 826s around the country (currently in SF, NYC, LA and coming soon to Seattle, Chicago and Ann Arbor). Check back for my shtick on that course of action. Rock on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I migrated over from Scalzi's site and I just wanted to say, How Cute is Maya! (sorry if that is spelled wrong, I'm visually impaired and using voice output.) I have seven month old twin boys and we went through the rice cereal thing and now are onto the fruits and veggies.

Also, just an observation: I have not enjoyed Scalzi's month of guest bloggers near as much as I thought I would. At first, I was like, "Why did he pick these people?"

Then I actually went and checked out of few of the guests' own blogs and found that I enjoyed their writing (including yours) much more on their own blog than on what they wrote on Scalzi's. Many of the entries on the Whatever seemed so pretentious, yet the writing on their own blogs seems much more relaxed and geniune. Maybe it is a case of trying too hard?

Anyway, just MHO. Glad I took a jump over to your own site.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

zxyzxqwert Male enhancement pills reviews that realy works to enhance you sexual health and improve sed drive and stamina. read review at http://www.male-sexual.com penis enlargement methods - penis enhancement - asdaQdasdDSHRdshsd penis enlargement zxyqwertzx