Wednesday, August 30, 2006

"What the 'Merican people need to understand is that it's not like I'm following one of them improve-eration lists of great books..."

Aside from all the world-destroying side effects, ya gotta love Dubya. Poor shmuck's forced to head down to N'Awlins and eat SERIOUS humblepie at every meal for a day. Granted, a day's nothing and he should be forced to live there until something seriously improves. But he agrees in the course of trying to spin Katrina's anniversary to talk with Brian Williams from NBC. Williams is too smug and pseudo-goodguy-ish for my taste. Yet he's got some seriously arrogant balls - just like Dubya - and that's about all it takes to succeed as a newsperson these days. If you haven't seen the interview on MSNBC or NBC, there's a little snippet on YouTube worth checking out. In whatever form, however...Dubya looks like he's lying about his "ek-a-lek-tic" reading habits. The Camus bit from recently is the basis of Williams opening up a line of questioning about Dubya's brain. So just before the Bushies get ready to push the war rhetoric before the 5th anniversary of 9/11, they try to confuse the left with a kinder, more thoughtful Dubya. Don't believe it for a second. If Brian Williams was really worth the cost of tailoring and coiffuring, he'd have read "The Stranger" and asked Dubya a tough question that only someone who'd read the book would know. Personally, I haven't read it. Which makes me a hypocrite to some, I'd imagine. But I'm not running the country and trying to lie about the books I've read while running the country deeper into the ground than at any time in our history. I'm just glad Maya's napping and giving me a minute or two to riff.

Hope your own cathartic moments arrive on time. Rock on.

No comments: