Thursday, August 02, 2007

A bridge back to a happier past...

For those paying attention, I've taken a few weeks off from regular posting. Miss me? No worries - we just bought a house and are in the process of moving with every intention of setting down some serious roots in our new neighborhood. Not that the unaddressed interim news hasn't had my attention - Gonzo's inexplicable flailing, the YouTube Dems debate and the upcoming GOP dodge of the same forum, Lindsay Lohan one-upping Britney and Paris, endless crapitutity from those dwindling loyal Bushies. But I must say that there's only one story on my radar today - that horrible bridge collapse in Minneapolis. I got my B.A. from the University of Minnesota. I walked or rode my bike across the Mississippi on what seems like every day I lived in Minneapolis. None of my friends still living back there were on the collapsed bridge at the moment of tragedy. Everyone's obviously still too stunned to be angry. But I guarantee you that stage is just around the corner. I will be posting info soon for those looking to investigate their own locale's infrastructure. Because, obviously, we can't trust our government to do it for us.

Hope your own survivor stories today revolve around hot dog eating contests. Rock on.

No comments: