Thursday, August 30, 2007

Infinitely more satisfying than a KFC "failure pile in a sadness bowl"

I'm a big fan of Keith Olbermann. His "Countdown" is the best news show on the TeeVee, bar none. He calls out everyone on their rank hypocrises. And does it with flair. Blah blah blah. But what one of his producers did last night with the Larry Craig shamefest reached a new level of virtuosity. Watch it. Now.
countdown-craig.jpg


The image “http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/music/sxsw/2006/comedy/patton/1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
One quickie review - Patton Oswalt is my favorite comedian. He's smart, surprising, perfectly-timed, my age and he did volunteer performing/fundraising work with 826 Valencia in San Francisco where I also volunteered. His latest comedy album has been my default CD in the car for the last few weeks. "Werewolves and Lollipops" is not for the easily offended, of which I am certainly not one. My rating - a solid A. Not since Steve Martin's comedy albums loomed large in my pre-teen years have I replayed comedy this often to gauge the timing and intellect of the delivery. Seriously. Buy it. Now.

Hope your own wide stance is productive today. Rock on.

No comments: