Monday, June 29, 2009

Michael and Bernie - putting two tragic stories to rest

Here's the one and only thing I'll ever again say about Michael Jackson. He was the saddest entertainer in the history of pop culture.

Here's the one and only thing I'll ever again say about Bernie Madoff. He was the one that got caught.

It was a beautiful weekend here in Seattle. Maya's new tap class was a big hit. And we found a new babysitter that Maya asked to "come back sometime and play again". Which allowed Sarah and I to waste our time seeing "Year One" (my rating - C-minus, not intolerable but barely funny throughout) and savoring an extended dinner at Tilth (my rating - solid B, intriguing "eat local" food but incredibly slow service). Aside from that, we finally watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" over the weekend. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The elasticity of both Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett's hotness is impressive. The story, however, was handled with elegance and subtle power. My rating - a wavering B-plus. For David Fincher's direction, I'll offer an A-minus. If you haven't seen it yet like us due to the daunting 2:45 length, split it up over two days. But watch it.

Hope your own life's downfall doesn't merit another full hour on "Larry King" today or any day soon. Rock on.

No comments: