Thursday, October 19, 2006

Keith Olbermann has ginormous nads

OK, folks. The midterm election din of debate is reaching a crazy level. I could spend all day throwing meat at the lions like so many squawking heads out there are doing. But I'm thinking about dialing back the political commentary for the next few weeks. I know I affect far too many people and maybe as the Bushies love to spew, we all should "let history judge for itself. "

On second thought...absolutely not. Case in point, here's something everyone should watch. For those of you that have heard me pontificate on Dubya's torture bill lately (apologies, all around) the suspension of the writ of habeas corpus has my oysters steamed like never before.
The fact that this utterly wrong seachange in our Nation's system of laws has been buried in the muck otherwise being tracked around is an atrocity. To his burgeoning credit as a leading voice, Keith Olbermann delivered this stunning piece upon that very issue. No punches are pulled, I guarantee you. It'll take you 10 minutes to watch the whole clip. In all honesty, I hear more Edward R. Murrow in Olbermann everytime he opens his mouth these days.

Hope your own impressions are equally heartfelt today. Rock on.

No comments: