Friday, May 11, 2007

Is that a stain in your pants or is it just October?

Certain things just plain hurt to admit. For me, it's that I find Larry the Cable Guy to be truly funny. And that I'm afraid of Alec Baldwin. Yet for the Bushies, there's no pain because there's no admission. Ever. Well, in the case of one Monica "Did I Mention That I Graduated From REGENT University?" Goodling, the pain of admission has been eleviated. Or, more appropriately, she'll be forced to testify about all the greasy machinations she participated in while helping to steer the firings of those eight, no wait...on second thought, nine US Attorneys. A federal judge today made it so. I expect absolutely zero satisfaction from this mess. But if it peels back even just a yogurt foil top worth of exposure into the Bushies and their political machine, it's worth it.

Dick "Where's My Banner?" Cheney threatened Iran today from the deck of an aircraft carrier. Repeat - Dick "In His Own Last Throes" Cheney threatened Iran today from the deck of an aircraft carrier. Even dead blind people could see the utter contempt for public reaction both here and abroad in doing so. There was a time when I believed Dick believed his shtick. Now I know it's just dumb, cornered, fully-exposed, hammer's-comin'-down-and-damn-the-torpedoes hubris.

Best silly Milwaukee Brewers fan site seen thus far - "Pee Your Pants for the Brewers!" I think I'm number 700 or so on the list. And you can bet your tighty-whiteys that I'll be drinking gallons of Hawaiian Punch and Pabst for the ascribed task when the Brew Crew actually completes the quest. Confused? Click through and sign up. Please. Thank you.

Hope your own embarrassing banners merely say "Hang in There - It's Friday!" Rock on.

No comments: