Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in..."

If you're at all like me, you can already see the GOP nutjobs out there spinning their beanies at hyperspeed as they conspire how to use the flaming cartwheel of a crash that is Illinois Governor Blagojevich (prounounced nothing like it's spelled). As I type, Patrick Fitzgerald is holding a clinic on poise during a press conference to announce Blagojevich's arrest. Somewhere far, far away, Scooter Libby is having a flashback. Cut to the chase? Blago extorted untold sums of cash and contributions for favors while Guv. But the headline is - he was trying to sell the Senate seat being vacated by Obama to the highest bidder. Thus far, absolutely no link to Obama. Nor will they ever find any. Unless, perhaps, someone pushed the Justice Department to dump this truck on the lawn well before the Inauguration. I guarantee everybody one thing - the GOP will try to make this stick to Obama. This is Bill Ayers on the sort of steroid cocktail Barry Bonds choked down. This is utter crap, as a smear. But - I'm sad to say - it's got zazz. Back to the real point - Blago provides the final evidence for one of the truest hypotheses in my canon. Never trust a guy with a haircut like THAT.

Hope your own Cabinet announcements somehow avoid questions about "when did you speak with Blagojevich?...cough, cough...sorry, there's a lot of phlegm in that name". Rock on.

No comments: