Monday, November 28, 2005

"Give me the 'Day in Your Boots' Tour, Soldier..."

I notice more and more Congressmanly cheeseballs that love to boast "just got back from Iraq, and the troops told me..." But I imagine lots of upcoming tours being reconsidered after a vehicle full o' backbenchers rolled over on the way to the Baghdad Airport. Two hurt. Four adult diapers gravely sullied in DC. I'll be watching this one like a cop eyein' the last jelly.

Movie audiences are obviously starved for any sort of distraction if the new Harry Potter passed $400M world-wide in 10 days. Horrid filmmaking by committee. As a result, I downgrade my earlier review to a D-plus. And equally at fault are the waves of crap being offered by Big Hollywood these days. No wonder video games are so monstrously popular - at least the storylines have some appeal. At this rate, the new "King Kong" will bust every Box Office record within sight. The trailers are movieCrack. You just want MORE immediately.

We're back up to SF later this morning and hope that Maya's been well-timed for a hearty nap. Santa Barbara's been freakin' bedazzling the last few days. Clear as glass skies, and I saw the sunrise this morning without a cloud in the sky. Before dawn, the crescent moon's dark side was wholly visible. Maya's going to miss the wide open spaces at Nanna and Poppy's house. Our little SF veal-fattening pen for her is a different story. Time to start letting Maya get really dirty in the Park. No offense to all entering winter (my parents back in Wisconsin had 4-below-zero Thanksgiving morning). But having the outside option as we enter December is one of the reasons this part of the world is so lovable. Rock on.

No comments: