Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Dubya the Philosopher

Today's WSJ interview (subscription required) is the first given by Bush to a newspaper since he won re-election. It revolves around his vision of Social Security reform, and he sounds more delusional about his own history than I've ever heard from him. This quote pretty much sums it up:

"I understand there are many who say, 'Bush is wrong,' " the president said, flanked by incoming National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley and other senior aides. "I assume I'm right. It's exciting to be part of stimulating a debate of such significance," he went on. "It really is the philosophical argument of the age."

Lookout people. When Bush starts in with that lofty shtick, something ends up getting attacked. In this case, however, that something is here in the Homeland (gawd, I hate that word).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've put together a little page to help "buick car"
people find good places for "buick car"
related sites. If you get a chance check out "buick car"
.
Keep the shiny side UP!. Ray in San Diego**KEYWOR